Connect Systems CS800 software upgrade flash firmware update

I was happy to find out a new firmware update was available (I find it annoying to be stuck on a channel while it is receiving any digital signals).

So, I go to the Connect Systems web site under CS800 and I get a "boot loader", a "firmware update" and a Read Me" file...

Now I have a text file and two .bin files - what do I use to load this stuff, certainly not the programming software...

So, I go to "software" on the website, and it seems sure that what I need is to download something that turns out to be "Silicon Laboratories Flash Utility", which is one of the most oblique programs I have ever run. It looks like it could cause far more damage than help in the wrong hands, and it doesn't seem to accept .bin files anyway!

To make a tediously long story shorter, I finally traced down the FlashBurn software on the CS750 (where else would you expert to find software required for your CS800???) and I successfully flashed my CS800.

Isn't DMR obscure enough? Do newbies really need these rites of initiation where there is no explanation of how to flash your firmware?

Is there documentation written in easy to understand colloquial English for those that have survived this rite of fire?


By the way, is this supposed to help with he intermittent "motorboating" transmission problem (I' guess I'll find out for myself soon enough)?

I think after I've figured out DMR completely. I'll take up a simpler subject, like learning Latin


The Silicon Lab utility is used for programming some of our radio controllers.
Jerry Wanger


Step-by-step :
Go to the Connect Systems site go to the CS750 page and download the Flashburn program 1.10 ( not sure why its not on the s800 page ) follow the directions carefully (instruction for Flashburn).. load the Bootloader file first then the Firmware file second..

to get into programming mode you must push the P1 key and hold it down and then press the Power Switch at the same time. The LED will then blink between green and red and you are in the program mode.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/13/2015

    Thanks for the information and links you shared this is so should be a useful and quite informative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.