CS800 power settings

I was confused by the power setting listed in the CS800 manual. It lists 25w low, 45w UHF/50w VHF high. however the radio shows low, medium, and high settings. I checked the radio on analog with my bird meter and it shows 5 watts low, 25 watts medium, and 50 watts high. Another ham confirmed those readings with a service monitor. My bird meter will only show half the output for a digital signal but the readings I got were close to what I saw for analog. Several of us in my area were using the low setting assuming it was 25 watts but it fact we were only putting out about 5 watts. My advice is to verify for yourself what is listed in the manual because I am sure there are other mistakes listed.
Posted by: Richard W7AM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.