CS800 Mobile Friendly Button Assignments

First and foremost P4 is the main menu, so I started with leaving it as is along with its Menu Button counterparts.

Now the Button settings for normal cruising down the road. Granted these are my preferences for reasons explained. Your mileage, and or desires may vary. The principle factor for me is eyes-on-road, not on radio operation.

In keeping with the Menu Prior & Next Setting, I wanted P2 and P3 to serve as Prior Zone (down), or Next Zone(up).

Without two knobs on the radio, I want my sole knob to serve as channel selector in order to dial my way up or down through the channels one by one with a twist of P8. Having now dedicated that knob to channel activities, I also set the P7 (Push-In) to trigger scan on and off with the channels in the zone I am dialed into.


Now what to do with the volume? I dedicated the Up Arrow (P5) and Down Arrow (P6) to volume up and volume down respectively, as they were easy thumb find and press. Rationale was my changing of volume was likely to be less than changing any other setting via those buttons so that should wear them and their labels less aggressively.

The below settings bring the personality of the CS 800 to what was described above. Significant number of Long Press buttons remain available, and still the P1 Short press is open. Any ideas what to throw on it?


wo7t

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments, Comments may take a day to show up

A discussion group about this subject.

Digital Ham Radio / Amateur Radio
DigitalHamRADIO@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/DigitalHamRADIO

Amateur Radio Users Support Group
AmateurRadio@groups.io
https://groups.io/g/AmateurRadio

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.